Anshu Christa Jacobson – Secrets of Technique
PHOTO – SEIRYUEN GARDEN, NIJO CASTLE, JAPAN
“SECRETS OF TECHNIQUE”
The secrets of technique were said to have been passed to Ushiwakamaru (known as Minamoto Yoshitsune 1159-1189) by the mysterious Master Ki-ichi-hogen. These teachings have been widely employed by martial art instructors over the centuries and are still in use today.
Morihei Ueshiba (1888-1969), the founder of Aikido often quoted from this listwhen teaching and deomstratin Aikido technique.
* When your opponent comes, greet him at once.
*If he withdraws, immediately send him on his way.
* Where there is opposition, harmonize with it on teh spot.
* If there is a force of one, add nine to make ten.
* If there is a force of two, add eight to make ten.
* If there is a force of three, add seven to make ten.
UTILIZE THIS PRINCIPAL TO ACHIEVE HARMONIZATION
* There is nothing in the universe that cannot be harmonized
* Distinguish between truth and falsehood.
* Know how to discern the hidden.
* Great is larger than the Universe.
* Small enters the tiniest particle.
* Adjust to the vagaries of life and death
* Adapt to ceaseless change.
*remain unshaken regardless of the circumstances.
Thought I would share my notes on harmony with you, these are the principles that have been taught for centuries. I hope that you can read them and find something positive from it also. Thanks for all of the support you all.
Take Care, Be Safe and Good Luck in your Journey of Budo
Anshu Christa Jacobson
Headmistress of the Budo Ryu Ninjutsu Dojo.